Thursday, October 15, 2009

Variations on a Theme


When I made the blue towel set which was published (see pic in previous post) I was so pleased with the results I made 2 more sets.(when you're on a roll!)

The flannel flower set are designs from Ellen Jaye Designs- I bought this set quite a few years back, when, I think she may have just been starting out & was selling on EBay- the set she sells now is a little different to the one I have, but I just love the elegance of the pale green & cream-the design is simplicity itself

After completing the flannel flower set I then had an idea that white binding with a coloured, corded bias trim inserted would look really classy- the instructions are the same as the other sets- you insert the bias cord trim when stitching the binding down- this is a Jenny Haskins
design-I like the boldness of the poppy & its simple elegance.

Three very different looks all from the same idea- I'm sure many of you can come up with lots more of them.
When I've shown friends & family the 3 different sets they can't decide which one they'd like (not that I'm making them en mass! LOL)-there is no clear favourite....but let me know which one you like the best.

Happy crafting
Oz- tralien

No comments: