Sunday, October 25, 2009

This & That & a Little of Nothing Much

Today it has rained. After the rain is a wonderful opportunity to go & take pictures in the garden-especially when MOTH has left his macro lens with the converter right where I can see it & I can play around while he is out- otherwise he grabs the best lenses & then follows me around, always saying he has taken the better pictures-he probably has, but he needed remind me of the fact!

I seem to have done a lot of fart-arsing about this weekend. When I look at what I did get done- it doesn't seem all that much, although I have been far from idle.

Firstly I finished the little kimono jacket I downloaded from Ravelry-I knitted this in a cotton/bamboo blend- it knitted up really quickly & I'm sure it'll wash like a rag & be very easy care.

The Christmas pudding was next- that was early Saturday morning's job-I can't believe it's already that time of the year again where I have to think about making it & as we have a few hectic weeks ahead this was the only weekend before December that I knew I was free to get it done. It is hanging under the stairs, aging until Christmas Day, complete with 25 old sixpences & one three penny bit!

Multi- tasking, I made fabric postcards while I refilled the pot every hour as it boiled away for 6 hours. These are for a swap, & one extra for my GS who loves to get his own mail (what kid doesn't!?),now just waiting to be posted.

In between this I managed to buy a few embroidery design sets online. (Its great that our $ is so strong, but I'm managing to spend way too much as a consequence!)- that's where the pfaffing about occurred- looking at & playing with the designs- it wastes so much time!

Made 2 tags-one for my bag & one for a friend (she was part of the reason I was pfaffing about as I was going to make her something for her birthday & couldn't decide what, in the end I have made her the recipient of the pale green edged & embroidered towels I have pictured in a previous post). I know she'll love them.

This morning MOTH decides it would be nice to go for breakfast-so up to our favourite eating place-there goes another few hours & the rest of the day saw me do nothing much at all- embroidered 4 names on 4 towels that were an order & made my friend an embroidered birthday card, using a pic I had put through Kaleidoscope.

The sum of my day-not really that productive at all, in the scheme of things-although not completely wasted either.

This afternoon I made some pikelets for afternoon tea- had them with strawberry jam & cream- oh, what memories of my dear departed mother making these on a Sunday afternoon, or, having them at the school fete when they served afternoon tea. Shame I had no one to share them with, MOTH too engrossed in a movie to want to come join me!

The weekend is coming to a close- I can't believe it has gone so fast-let's hope I can get some sewing done on Tuesday, as I'm home to start the prep for my colonoscopy on Wednesday-I don't know anyone that enjoys the prep for this procedure, there is something really off when you get to the stage of 'peeing' out your bum!

Then that leads to Thursday which I have off as well, because, no driving post anaesthetic-so I'm hoping to get a little something done then. That's the plus side of all of this-the extra day off!

Until next time

happy crafting,

Oz-Tralien

No comments: